It’s a purr-fectly hilarious and action-packed blend of real-time strategy, tower defense, and match-3 mechanics, where heavily armed battle-hardened cat veterans of rodent skirmishes and yarn tangles take charge in defending their homeland (and litter boxes) against the forces of great evil!
The Steam Prologue contains the whole first chapter of Cats on Duty spread over 10 captivating levels, each showcasing a unique challenge and certain game feature. There is even a minigame, and a full boss fight to get your claws into, to prepare you for what’s to come in the final game.
That’s not all! Here you can try out the co-op mode with your friends or family. One player focuses on the tile-matching field of the game screen to win the food needed to recruit and upgrade your battle cats while the other builds an unbreakable line of defense. Co-op mode can be easily activated or deactivated from the start menu or as you play.
With ‘cat’ and ‘kitten’ difficulty levels available, you can adjust game difficulty on the fly should you find the current level too hard or too easy for your skills or mood. You will also be able to carry over your Prologue save files into the main game so you can either continue from where you left off or reset the game progress in the settings menu and start over!
Prikol Team has also been collecting valuable feedback from players and has made some crucial updates and changes to the gameplay, including:
- The language auto-detect feature sets the game language according to the system language.
- On the ‘Kitten’ difficulty level, players can now choose the position of the cat tower after upgrading it. This way it’s easier to plan your defense.
- The game font is changed from Mono to Sans for a more comfortable reading experience.
- New warning sounds and texts to notify players when there are no more swaps left on a tile-matching field.
- Improved settings menu design: Find your way with easier bigger and highlighted navigation arrows.
- Option to show or hide blood effects during battles.
- The gamepad controls info in the settings menu.
- Various English language localization improvements.